Friday, December 3, 2010

On the 3rd Day of Christmas...

....my true love gave to me....a Christmas banner that says, "Believe"! We created this fun holiday banner at my Creative Journey mini-retreat last month! It can be hung on a mantel, across a shelf or a door way, or on a bench on your front porch! (see the photos!)

The Believe banner was made using the Mistletoe papers, the stripe and the snowflake pattern. To make a banner "flag", cut a piece of cardstock 6x12. Fold in half. Mark the 3" spot on the fold. Cut with a paper trimmer from the 3" mark, at an angle, down to the bottom right corner of the paper. Then repeat for the other side.
Top the cardstock with the printed papers (I alternated the prints). I punched a border out of Cocoa cardstock to top each printed paper. Add a Dimensional Elements chipboard letter to the center of each flag. Cut a piece of ribbon (or twine, or whatever you would like to use) long enough to hold all of the flags...then place each flag over the ribbon, side by side. (remember you have a folded flag piece) Use Liquid Glass at the inside fold of each flag to glue it all together.
Hang and enjoy! You can spell out any word you would like...JOY, PEACE, LOVE, MERRY CHRISTMAS....the possibilities are endless!

Now....very soon you won't have to cut the backing paper for the banners....Close To My Heart will be introducing a brand new My Creations chipboard banner!!! It's awesome, and it will be available to order from our upcoming, special "Inspirations" brochure, starting Jan. 1st!
I will definitely be offering some classes creating fun banners with this new product when it is released, so watch for those class announcements in Jan.!

Don't forget the amazing special CTMH has going this month....place an order of just $20, (before tax and shipping) on my website, and CTMH will send you a retiring "D-sized" stamp set (valued at $22.95!!), FREE!! CTMH will choose the stamp set and surprise you! Your purchase is more than doubled in value with that FREE stamp set! Don't miss out on this great special!
Be sure to sign up to follow this blog! When I get 50 followers, I'll have a drawer for a FREE Close To My Heart stamp set!
Make it a MERRY day!
Cindy Baker
951-679-8337

No comments:

Post a Comment