Saturday, September 15, 2012

September Card Class!

Hello! Can you believe it's the middle of September already? I sure can't. Where DOES the time go?!
 
Today I'm sharing 4 cards that I created with Close To My Heart's new "Clementine" paper line....I LOVE this paper! The colors are great, the designs are so cute and so versatile! So take a peak at what I came up with....
 
 
First, this simple but fun birthhday card. The papers are two of the smaller prints in the Clementine line. The "medallion" in the middle was cut using Close To My Heart's exclusive new Artist Cricut cartridge, and I used the Color-Seam Binding for the ribbon and box. This seam binding is great...it comes in white....and I just used a Sponge Dauber, inked it up in Cashmere ink, swiped it onto the seam binding (front and back of a long piece), and there you have colored ribbon! The Color Ready Seam Binding can be colored to coordinate with any project you are creating! How fun is that??
 This "Thanks" card uses a more bold print from "Clementine", and I cut the layered flowers, the fun bracket shape and the CUTEST paper bow you've ever seen with the Artiste cartridge, of course! The more I use this cartridge, the more I LOVE it!
I used Close To My Heart's new Burlap ribbon on this card. It coordinates so well with the Clemetine papers, for a "rustic" look! Love me some burlap! The paper rosette was cut out using the Artiste cartridge (there are several rosette shapes on the cartridge!) then folder into the fun rosette! 
 But the fun part about this card is the gift card holder inside! Yep, cut with the Artiste cartridge!! What a wonderful presentation for a gift card....just slide the card right into the middle slot!
 The last card is the "bonus card". (more on that in a minute), and I wanted a "vintage" look. I cut the "word bubble" shape with the Artiste cartridge (this cartridge is a MUST HAVE!), then stamped the "You make me smile" word stamp right on the shape! Did you know we have lots of stamp images that coordinate with shapes on the Artiste cartridge, which makes it sooo easy...cut the shape on the Cricit, stamp it...DONE! I also cut the entire card on with the Artiste cartridge (see the fun scallop border on the edge?) including....
...the adorable pop-up insert inside!! Isn't that the cutest?! And no tedious cutting....just pop your Artiste cartridge into your Cricut and cut it, then glue to the inside of your card!What a fun surprise to add to your cards!
 
I had sooo much fun creating these cards....and you can too! Because I have a class for that!LOL!

Join me for the September card-making class on Thursday, September 27th, at 10am OR 6:30pm, and you will create TWO of each of the first 3 cards shown, and one of the bonus card (with the pop-up insert!), for a total of 7 darling cards! The fee is $13.50, or the class is absolutely FREE with a $30(before tax & shipping) order placed on the day of your class!

Card Class is a fabulous way of building up your greeting card "stash", so you have a  great handmade card for any occasion,  ready to go when you need it! So join us monthly...it's really alot of fun!

Tell your friends and bring them along! Just email me to sign up, and be sure and let me know if you are bringing a friend or two, so I can be sure and have enough kits for everyone attending! Seating is limited and is already filling up, so email me today to reserve your spot!

If you are not local (Menifee/Murrieta/Temecula area), no worries! You can purchase a kit to create these fun cards! The kit will include photos of the projects and all papers will be pre-cut for you! All you have to do is assemble the cards! Postage to mail the kit to you will be $5.

And be sure and sign up at the top of the blog (right side) to receive an email every time I add a new post to the blog...that way you won't miss out on any class announcements!

I have several classes in the works right now...watch for an ADORABLE Halloween mini-album class to be announced soon! And....SAVE THE DATE....my Creative Journey all-day workshop is coming up on Saturday, Oct. 20th! At this workshop, we create 4-6 amazing paper-crafted projects, all in one day! Lunch is included, and it's just a fun little "mini-retreat", to get some creative time in!
 More details coming real soon!

Let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to seeing you on the 27th!

No comments:

Post a Comment